Monday, January 9, 2012

Pictures starting with Panama!

Panama Canal:

A Hawk flighting over the canal! Caught it when his wing span was open. The contrast between him and the sky is amazing.


The gate to the locks that manage the Panama Canal. The canal has been running since 1913 and has been running 24/7 since 1963.


Models of some of the beautiful butterflies around the Panama Canal.


Some more beautiful butterflies.


Some awesome little beadles that you could find...jk they are huge and ugly! Would not have wanted to run into one! They average about 1 1/2 inches long each!


A couple of moths that we could have found at the canal. Found a pretty huge moth at our hotel in Zamora. It was beautiful, while these are not.


Ugly bugs that would be so creepy. I'm glad that I didn't find one!


Live Fish


Another one of the same species


Mini fishes! You can find all the above creatures in Panama today! However, I didn't see any.


The ship that is in this pictures was HUGE! The load that you see is only about 1/12 of the whole load!


People touring the canal like us!


I'm eating fried corvina at a local Panamanian restaurant! I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating. I could and can eat just about everything but the vegetables because of the water they use to wash them. Cooked vegetables in certain places but not most!


Sorry for the delay in pictures...our internet is literally slower then Dial Up! It took about an hour just to upload the pictures then about 15min. just to put them on this post! That's Ecuador for you! We are going to head out to the market and pick up our laundry. I will try to post more pictures and another post later, however, what I have learned is that nothing is guarantied in Ecuador...even toilets. 

1 comment: